Thursday, February 2, 2012

Movies to Watch: Part 3

The Cold Light of Day (USA: 06/04)



While I’m not usually mad about Bruce Willis’ typical crime solving movies this one looks like fun. However what puts it in my “very excited about” list is Henry Cavill, this time with an American accent. This will be the first time I see him so that as well as the first time in a more modern action role. Both of which he will be taking on again for Superman next year. I’m excited to see how he pulls it off and well I’ll pretty much see anything with him in it.

The Hunger Games (SA: 13/04)



This is supposed to be the new Twilight, but I think it looks a lot better. Although there is romance that’s not the main focus. There’s adventure, sacrifice and seeing what a person can put themselves through. I have not yet read the book as I haven’t yet decided if I should read them before or after seeing the movie but I don’t have a lot of time to make up my mind.

Young Adult (SA: 13/04)



I’m not usually the biggest Charlize fan but this actually looks hilarious. A divorced, alcoholic writer tries to steal back her married, high school boyfriend. Plus it’s written by Diablo Cody which means I will love it, yes I loved Jennifer’s Body too. I think it looks really entertaining but at the same time has something really important to say.

The Cabin in the Woods (USA 13/04)



So I’m not very good with horrors/ thrillers/ anything slightly scary, I’m trying to work on it, but this doesn’t look like anything typical to that genre. Instead of being something supernatural or someone crazy, it’s just people being evil and indulging their desire to see others suffer, it may be a bit similar to Saw just less gruesome, hopefully. I remember reading about this movie when Dollhouse was still on the air and it has been stuck in post-production hell since then but now I finally get to see another bit of Joss Whedon awesomeness.

The Five Year Engagement (USA: 27/04)



At first this seems like just your typical rom-com with the cast being the main attraction but I won’t lie, the trailer kind off made me fall in love with this movie. I know this is something to be wary off, so I do take trailers with a pinch of salt but I still like this one. It just seems to be a lot more real that a lot of movies are these days and I’m interested to see if it can live up to expectations.

The Avengers (SA: 27/04)



It’s a Joss Whedon movie again and not for the last time on this list. I’m a bit of a superhero nut so you give me a movie with a whole lot of them and I start drooling just a little bit. This movie has been hyped up since the first Iron Man movie and most of these specific characters have already been seen in a movie before. The exceptions are Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye and Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk. I think that’s my biggest stress point is that this is a character that has been played by three different men in three different movies and in my opinion a superhero movies success is due primarily to how well it is cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment